COVID-19 Additional Safety Precautions during the Pandemic
At Oglivie Dental Centre, we have always made patient safety a top priority by strictly adhering to the infection control guidelines put forth by the Australian Dental Association and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration). Furthermore, our practice is a quality certified practice to ensure quality care.
If you are wondering whether it is safe to return to the dental office, we want to reassure you that our dental office cleanliness and sanitation have always exceeded the required standards to prevent the spread of any illness. The additional measures we are putting in place will further improve patient and staff safety.
Here is a list of some of the additional precautions we have taken;
- To maintain social distancing and infection control, we will reduce the number of patients in the practice each day.
- We ask that you call to reschedule your appointment if you feel sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival for your appointment.
- Please brush your teeth before you arrive at the dental office.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment if possible. If you require an escort, we ask that they remain in their vehicle to reduce the number of people in the office.
- We will request that you rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash before beginning treatment.
- Contact us by phone once you arrive at the office, and we will alert you when it’s time to come in.
- Maintain six feet between yourself and other patients.
- Our staff will wear protective equipment such as gloves, masks, safety glasses, and gowns for everyone’s safety.
- Our staff will disinfect common areas of the dental office between each patient – welcome areas, restrooms, chairs, and consult rooms.
- We have removed magazines and toys from the office for your safety.
- We have adjusted our Air conditioning to ensure
- The front office staff will wear masks to protect patients.
- Cash-free & touch-free payments will be encouraged if possible
If you have any questions regarding the safety or necessity of your dental appointment, please call us at 0431 600 260, and we will be happy to help.
We look forward to seeing you soon.